Friday, September 18, 2009

What Matter More To You....

So recently I purchased Derek Webb's cd and there is a song that has been deemed by critics to be controversial. Now I find this very funny because, i-Tunes didn't sell this song with the cd because one song had two "cuss" words in the song. I find this funny cause i-Tunes has countless songs that have way more profanity in them. But anywho, the song that is causing so much controversy is "What matters more to you." Now, please let me say this first if you have heard the song and disagree with the language. Before you go all hypocritical on the song, have you ever stubbed your toe and something come out that wasn't nice? Ok, let's move on. But you might say, well he said those words on purpose and that warrants a different argument. Ok, can someone please tell me when saying particular words were deemed wrong? When did cussing become such a heated argument? I guess it was from the sailors back in the day, who knows, but I can't help to agree with the attitude in which the song was written. While Jesus didn't cuss around the disciples, I think this song is a wake-up for all of us Christ-followers who have become lazy and calloused in our way of living out the Gospel. To answer the question, what matters more to me? If I were truly honest, I don't think that I am doing enough to let people know the love of God. It is so easy to give money, it is so easy to say the right words, it is easy to portray a life on the outside that doesn't match up with the private life, but does it really matter to me to make a change or just go with the status quo? But is this really making a difference? Am I really breaking free of the comfort zone that I am enclosed in? I know this may sound like a bunch of rambling but do we even care? If you want to view the video go to www.youtube.com and search Derek Webb and it will be the first song that comes up. I have already warned you about the words but are we looking for the words or do we actually listen to the meaning of the song? So you are warned, but you may hear the song and feel the same way I do.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment