Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ground control to Major Tom....

Like the intro? Yes, it doesn't make sense. But it got that song stuck in your head didn't it? Anywho, well what's new with me. Well I'll tell you.

Recently, I have been re-reading a few books. I would consider you reading both of these books with caution! The first one is called "Radical" by David Platt and alongside of it I started reading "The Hole in our Gospel" by Richard Stearns (President of World Vision) joined with an awesome message about "contentment" this past Sunday morning and adding all of that together my mind and my heart are changing. I want to give more. I want to serve more. I want to go more. The more that I read and see in life, I understand that it has less to do about me. It has all to do with the world. The other people who don't know that God is desperately seeking them and has made a way to know Him through Christ.

And I wonder how many times we forget that it is a privilege and honor to know Christ but also to be associated with Him means that it demands a life of sacrifice and humility? I thank God everyday for the blessings that I sometimes so easily take for granted. As I look and see around the world, their are millions of people who would love to have the liberties and freedom that I enjoy. So, what do I do about it?

I have decided that every three years or less that I am gonna go. I am gonna save money and go. I want to go and tell people about Christ around the world. But not just save money and go but give more money. What good is it sitting in my bank if people need food and water? So, it starts this Spring Break in Haiti. My wife and I are going to serve and to meet the needs of the people in Haiti. I want to feel what they feel and see what they see. I want my eyes to be opened further than what I see here in America. So, I will go.

What if we could stop for a second and analyze our lives, our churches and take a look beyond ourselves and see that we could do more. No, I am not one of those political nuts or extreme rally persons, but I do think that we are so narrow-minded when it comes to how many people don't know Christ. Last time I checked, everyone was called to continue the mission of Christ. In case you forgot or need a slap in the face it's: Love God will all your heart, mind, soul and strength, Love your neighbor as yourself and Go and share the Gospel with the nations. How are you doing with that?


Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment